Personal Data Protection Act
The PDPA establishes a data protection law that comprises various rules governing the collection, use, disclosure and care of personal data. It recognises both the rights of individuals to protect their personal data, including rights of access and correction, and the needs of organisations to collect, use or disclose personal data for legitimate and reasonable purposes.
The PDPA takes effect in phases starting with the provisions relating to the formation of the PDPC on 2 January 2013. Provisions relating to the DNC Registry came into effect on 2 January 2014 and the main data protection rules on 2 July 2014.
For more information about PDPA, please visit the Personal Data Protection Commission’s website at http://www.pdpc.gov.sg.
The purpose of this Data Protection Policy (“Policy”) is to inform you how Precast Concrete Pte Ltd and/or its group of companies, subsidiaries and joint ventures (individually or collectively referred to as the “Group”, "we", "us" or "our"), collectively manage Personal Data (as hereinafter defined) which is subject to the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012. The Policy applies to all business units and departments across Precast Concrete Pte Ltd and sets out how we collect, use or disclose Personal Data from you or that you have provided to us through the Group’s websites or otherwise. Please read this Policy so that you know and understand the purposes for which we collect, use and disclose your Personal Data.
What Is Personal Data
Personal Data refers to data, whether true or not, about you who can be identified from that given data; or from that data and other information to which Precast Concrete Pte Ltd has or is likely to have access. Depending on your nature of interaction with the Company, examples of such Personal Data include your name, NRIC or FIN number, passport number, contact number (residential and mobile), email address, mailing address, photograph, video image, country, profession, job position, industry, payment information and any other information relating to individuals which you have provided us in any form you may have submitted to us.
Collection Of Personal Data
Generally, Precast Concrete Pte Ltd may collect your personal data directly or indirectly including, but not limited, to the following ways which you may:
If you provide Personal Data of a third party (e.g. information of your dependent, spouse, children and/or parents) to us, you represent and warrant that the consent of that third party has been obtained for the collection, use and disclosure of the Personal Data for the purposes set out in this Policy.
- Register or use any of our services from our websites (including cookies, IP addresses, account registration) and any form of information provided on our online platforms
- Purchase or/and engage our products or services through signing of documents and agreements;
- Sign up our mailing lists for email, postal, phone and message alerts, and other forms of marketing channels;
- Enter or respond to our marketing and promotion activities, contests and initiatives;
- Participate in our market research or surveys;
- Submit forms relating to our products and services;
- Submit job applications, resume and reference letters;
- Provide personal data when visiting our premises;
- Interact with our representatives or customer service officers during, for example, office, email, phone, letter, face-to-face meeting, submit a comment, recruitments, events, roadshows, exhibitions, conferences, office, product launch etc.;
- Provide information to other organisation (e.g. business directories, credit reference agencies, banks or individuals) which you have authorised to provide your personal details on your behalf;
- Conduct any online transactions with us;
- Download or use any of our mobile applications;
- When your images are captured by us via CCTV surveillance cameras or via photos and videos taken by us or our representatives when you are within our premises;
- Submit your Personal data for any other reasons.
- You should ensure that your Personal Data that you have submitted, whether with given consent or not, is true and complete.
Use Of Personal Data
Precast Concrete Pte Ltd, its group of companies, subsidiaries, joint venture, appointed third party service providers and contractual outsourced parties, in Singapore and at overseas, may collect, use and disclose your Personal data to:
- Conduct and complete both online and offline transactions (e.g. signing of sales and purchase agreements, signing of rental agreements, payments etc.);
- Conduct market research and improve customer services (e.g. surveys, performing market analysis, etc.);
- Conduct marketing, advertising, promotion (sending alerts, emails, telemarketing, SMS/WhatsApp marketing etc.);
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, government authorities and other requirements
- Create and maintain relationship by ways of communication with our stakeholders (e.g. investors, prospect, tenant, occupier, buyer, resident, unitholder, shareholder, employee, candidate, scholar, contractor, website user, online user, app user etc.);
- Assist in the recruitment and selection process, training and development purposes, job evaluation and compensation and benefits initiatives;
- Support security and risk management(e.g. conduct checks against money laundering, terrorism financing, recovery of debts, etc);
- Facilitate management of our facilities, including managing the safety and security of our premises and services (including, but not limited to, issuing visitor passes, operating CCTV surveillance and conducting security clearance, and recording of entrance to and exit from any of our premises);
Disclosure Of Personal Data
We may use and disclose your personal data to the following parties:
- Our companies within the Group or related parties, which are related to Precast Concrete Pte Ltd. In the event if Precast Concrete Pte Ltd buys or sells companies, divisions or businesses within the organization, your personal data may be one of the assets to be transferred and disclosed to the purchaser
- Professional advisors such as our auditors and lawyers;
- Agents, contractors, third party service providers, specialist advisers and contractual outsourced parties who provide Precast Concrete Pte Ltd the goods and services to perform business, support, operational and/or administrative functions;
- Any other parties which, in Precast Concrete Pte Ltd’s discretion, is expedient for, in accordance to or in connection with the purposes stated above.
Protection Of Personal Data
- We have disseminated information to our employees on implementing measures to secure and protect your information such as training of our employees on handling your Personal Data with respect to confidentiality, securing your data, taking steps to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, and disclosure.
- To safeguard your Personal Data, we take reasonable care to ensure that your Personal Data is classified, stored and transmitted adequately with appropriate security technologies via communicating data protection policy, controlling authorized access and scheduling regular audits on data protection process.
- However, we are not immune from cyber-attacks such as hacking, spyware, viruses. As such, we will not be liable for any unauthorized loss, destruction, and disclosure of your data that arise from such cyber-attack risks.
Retention Of Personal Data
- Precast Concrete Pte Ltd will retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for business or legal purposes, or in accordance with applicable laws.
Access And Correction Of Your Personal Data
You may request to review, access, change, withdraw your consent and feedback/complain to our use of your Personal data by contacting our Data Protection Officer(s) as follows:
Attention: Data Protection Officer
Tel: (65) 6542 2882
Address: 23 Defu South Street 1, Singapore 833847
The DNC Registry provisions under the PDPA generally prohibits organizations from sending certain marketing messages to Singapore telephone numbers, including mobile, fixed-line, residential and business numbers, registered with the registry. If you have not given us your clear and unambiguous consent, evidenced in written or other accessible form, to the sending of the telemarketing messages to your telephone number, Precast Concrete Pte Ltd will check the relevant DNC Register(s) before sending our telemarketing messages. If you have previously provided Precast Concrete Pte Ltd consent, unless this is withdrawn, we may continue to send marketing and promotional messages to your telephone number.